On this page
- What is a fire ban?
- Open air fire permit eligibility – address look-up
- Types of open air permits
- Open air fire permit (burn permit)
- Annual agricultural burn permit (open air fire permit)
- Specific event open air fire permit
- What you need to know about open air fire permits
- Before starting an open air fire
- Outdoor fire safety
Open air fires
Open air fires are permitted with a burn permit
A fire ban is declared by the Fire Chief or his designate and is based largely on environmental conditions. It is a period of time where no one may set or maintain any open air fire anywhere within the city limits. This is to ensure public safety and protection of property.
Open air fire permit eligibility – address look-up
A permit is required in order to light a fire on private property; this includes having a backyard fire or using a large fire pit.
Population density and average lot size criteria were considered in the determination of the areas in which open air fires are permitted.